Pages

Saturday 12 April 2014

Easter Bakes Competition Entry

Easter Bakes Competition Entry 

The Pink Whisk & Two Little Fleas

Fantastic baking blog The Pink Whisk has teamed up with Bingo Review portal Two Little Fleas to run an Easter Bake & Make Competition where they are offering a whopping £500 vouchers for their favourite Easter creation, some very generous runners up prizes too so thought I'd take a slice of that cake **Ahem** I mean action.

I am not the worlds best baker and I noticed they are asking for makes as well as bakes so decided to head down that route. As long as they were edible, Easter looking and I had fun making them it would be a good start and I'd be happy with that.

I wanted to involve my little boy as I don't play in the kitchen with him a lot and he loves trying to do things himself now. Also if I involved my two year old and they turned out disastrous I could tell my hubby 'Archie made some Easter buns' to save my embarrassment.... as it turned out Archie did make them and they are not too shabby hehe.

I needed to go for something simple but effective as I was employing the two year old so decided on Krispie Easter Nests. I remember making these with my Mum when I was young and thought it would be great creating similar fun memories with my little man.

He has plenty of time to learn the true meanings behind Easter when he's older so these makes are what its all about when you are a child.... Chocolate and Eggs with a few chicks and a bunny thrown in for good measure. Just incase you didn't get the Easter theme from our makes alone!


Ingredients

Chocolate (We used Dairy Milk)

Cereal (We used Rice Krispies)

Chocolate Eggs (We used Mini Eggs)


The start of something fun

So after you have trawled your way through the mass of ingredients needed, I will give you the mega complicated directions to put our makes together. 



Directions

  1. Melt chocolate in a pan on the hob or a bowl in the microwave. We microwaved for speed and safety (I don't trust Archie by a hob)
  2. Add cups of cereal and mix, add a bit at a time until you're happy with the chocolate/cereal ratio.
  3. Spoon into bun cases or mould into round nest shapes on a tray/plate.
  4. Push two/three chocolate eggs into the top of each nest.
  5. Chill in the fridge until chocolate is firm and the nests hold together.
  6. EAT!

Yum, can I have my cereal like this every day?!
One for the nest, one for me!

Our finished creations


We hope you like our makes, we had a lovely time making these and an even lovelier time eating them.
Thanks to The Pink Whisk and Two Little Fleas for giving us the inspiration and getting us into the Easter spirit.
If you're a blogger and fancy entering yourself here are the competition details.


Happy Easter Everybody!

Easter Bakes Recipe Competition



6 comments:

  1. Yummy! And your little Man is adorable! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou :) we love your entry, that buttercream looks delicious and your cupcake toppers are so cute, they wouldn't last long in this house! Good luck in the competition xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooooo - they came out absolutely lovely (and so's Archie! How in the world did he manage not to get covered in chocolate from top to toe - he's better in the kitchen than me! :D ).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe Archie is the messiest child ever! He was literally plastered in chocolate (mainly the mouth area and up his arms) but just to the right of me was nearly a whole packet of dirty wet wipes piled up ;) thanks for taking the time to have a look and leave me a comment xx

      Delete
  4. Thank you! The buttercream is so good, you must try it, it is so simple but so tasty! I second the comments about Archie being good, Jack would be covered head to toe in chocolate for sure if he had been involved, although he did enjoy tasting the cake today :-) Good luck to you too :-) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww glad your cake got given the seal of approval from its most important tester! :) my buttercream never works out so am gonna def give your recipe a try thanks xx

      Delete